Can you remember the days when you needed to plug the cord of a drill into a charging point to power up and run through the whole house with the cable in hand? Now those days and hassles are almost coming to an end. Because now you have cordless hammer drill which can make drilling easy and your drilling task a lot easier.
One hurdle is out of the business and another one pops up. Suppose you are going to buy a cordless hammer drill, which one to buy? Actually, this is not a hurdle at all. As a regular user let me introduce you to the top 5 cordless hammer drill of 2017. Then you can easily choose one of your own which suits you more.
Table Of Contents
- 1 5 Best Cordless Hammer Drills
- 2 1. DEWALT DCD985L2 – Best 20V Cordless Hammer drill
- 3 2. Porter-Cable PCCK602L2R – 20V Cordless Hammer Drill
- 4 3. Bosch PS41-2A – 12 Volt Max Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit
- 5 4. Makita XT248M – 18V Brushless Cordless Combo Kit
- 6 5. Milwaukee 2797-22 – M18 Hammer Drill and Hex Impact Driver
5 Best Cordless Hammer Drills
|Rank||Image||Product Name||Weight||Power (Volts)||Price|
|#1||DEWALT DCD985L2 – Best 20V Cordless Hammer Drill||11.6 pounds||20v||$$|
|#2||Porter-Cable PCCK602L2R – 20V Cordless Hammer Drill||3.8 lbs||20v||$$|
|#3||Bosch PS41-2A 12-Volt Max Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch Drill||4.8 lbs||12v||$$|
|#4||Makita XT248M – 18V Brushless Cordless Combo Kit||13.9 pounds||18v||$$|
|#5||Milwaukee 2797-22 M18 Fuel Lithium 2-Tool Combo Kit||18.2 pounds||18v||$$|
Now, what is it in a drill that you need most? You must ask that question to yourself before buying a drill as I did to myself. As we are talking about cordless drill so cord should not be a point you should have in your mind. It may be the power of the drill or how fast can it works or its longevity or the weight of the product or anything you want to have it in your drill. If you get one of these that doesn’t mean that you cannot get others. So at first be clear about what you want then choose carefully between these following five.
1. DEWALT DCD985L2 – Best 20V Cordless Hammer drill
This powerhouse is quite the popular one. It has a Mexican built body with high efficiency and power. This high-efficiency motor of the drill can draw out 450 unit watts power, which is really helpful for superior performance. As we are talking about cordless drill it is definitely a cordless one. This feature helps you to move around freely and no need for electricity anymore.
The battery it has is a 20V and 3.00 Ah max lithium ion battery, which offers a longer runtime and improved speed. It has metal finish, patented 3-speed all-metal transmission and a 1/2-inch metal ratcheting chuck which provides superior bit gripping strength than the average ones. This lucrative hammer drill is designed in a way to give you comfort as you have always wanted. It weighs 11.6 pounds with a slimmer handle. So gripping doesn’t cause any discomfort especially when you work long through long hours.
- 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Premium 3.0 Ah Hammer drill/Driver kit
- You can use it for construction. Powerful and cordless.
- 3-speed all-metal built with a ½-inch ratcheting chuck
- Built in Mexico
- Battery gives you longer runtime, power and speed
- LED light and 20 seconds delay after the trigger being released
- High-efficiency motor which provides 450 unit watts
- Weight 11.6 pounds
- Heavy duty drill with 2 batteries
2. Porter-Cable PCCK602L2R – 20V Cordless Hammer Drill
If you are going through some money problem and still want a hammer drill then this must be the one you choose. This product has the capacity to match any other hammer drill, but it lacks some potentials not as much as you are imagining right now. Soon you will understand what it lacks and what it not. As usual, this is cordless as well. So no more carrying problems or any types of electricity problems. It also has 20-Volt MAX lithium-ion battery to support and drill driver. So it will run longer than you can imagine with power and speed as well.
This cordless hammer drill can generate 330 unit watts power which is not as powerful as the previous one but you can work with efficiency. It also has two-speed gear box (0-400 / 0-1,600 RPM) which can give you your desired speed. As for ratcheting chuck it also has the power of the previous one, metal shaped 1/2 inch ratcheting chuck. This product is designed as a lightweight drill and completely user-friendly. It weighs only 3.8 pounds and easy to grip as well. So using it for long hours is more comfortable than other general cordless hammer drills. Here are some key features that you should know:
Main Features of Porter-Cable PCCK602L2R – 20V Cordless Hammer Drill
- 20-Volt Max Cordless Li-Ion battery with Hex impact drill driver
- Its weight is lighter than most of the cordless hammer drills. It weighs only 3.8 lbs. and its length is 7.6 inch.
- Draw out 330 unit watts and has a two-speed gearbox (0-400 / 0-1,600 RPM)
- 1/2 inch metal ratcheting chuck
- Included components are battery, charger, bare tool and case.
3. Bosch PS41-2A – 12 Volt Max Lithium-Ion 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver Kit
Previously we were talking about the cheaper cordless hammer drill out in the market, but this may exceed even that as well. It may claim the award of being the cheapest of them all. This hammer drill can also claim the lightest award as well. This is probably the lightest hammer drill you will find in the market. It is well built, compact and has the shortest head length. It is short enough to reach into the corners and tight areas of a house. Although it is short and weighs only 4.8 lbs. it is still fast enough to challenge other products of the market. It can run as fast as 2,600 RPM which is quite fast.
It also has 3 LED light ring which may help you to work in a darker area. Suppose you are working in the night on a construction site or a place like a tunnel etc. It also has a fuel gauge for the battery limit. This is really a helpful aspect of this tool. Suppose you are going for a job thinking that your tool is fully charged, where it is not. You never know when will it stop powering or when will it give up on you. A fuel gauge will solve these dilemmas.
Though the battery of this hammer drill is not as powerful as others but it can surely work long hours because of its high torque and extra battery. It has two 12 Volt Max lithium-Ion batteries with 1-hour charger. It also includes other tools such as 1/4 inch Hex impact driver kit with 2 batteries, charger and case. Here are some key features of this product:
- The shortest head length and compact body. Short enough to reach into corners.
- Lightweight, probably the lightest
- 2,600 RPM / 930 in/lbs. for fast drilling
- Fuel gauge for easier battery management during long work.
- 3 LED light ring to illuminate darker working areas
- Included kits- 1/4 inch Hex impact driver kit with 2 batteries, charger and case.
- Cordless and can run on electricity as well
4. Makita XT248M – 18V Brushless Cordless Combo Kit
It is one giant powerhouse in the sector of a cordless hammer drill. It has 2 ea. 18V LXT 4.0 Ah batteries. So you can understand by the sound of it that how much longer it can run. This product has efficient BL brushless motor which is electronically controlled to maximize battery energy use for up to 50% longer runtime per charge and yet it only needs around 40 minutes to get fully charged. Carbon brushes are being eliminated by BL brushless motor which enables it to run cooler than the usual and more efficiently for longer life.
Not only that, the electronically controlled BR brushless motor uses energy with such efficiency that matches torque and RPM to match the continuously changing demands of the application. It also has variable 2-speed 1/2 inch hammer driver drill (0-400 & 0-1,550 RPM) with BL brushless motor delivers 530 in/lbs. of max torque. It is a bit heavier than the usual ones. It weighs around 13.9 pounds, but its battery runtime, longevity, power and uses comprises it all together.
Here are some key features of this Makita XT248M cordless hammer drill:
- It has 2 ea. 18V LXT 4.0 Ah batteries which can work 35% longer than any other regular cordless hammer drills.
- Has efficient BL brushless motor
- Can run cooler and more efficiently which helps it to work for a longer time.
- It weighs 13.9 pounds
- It has Variable 2-speed ½ inch Hammer Driver-Drill (0-400 & 0-1,550 RPM) with BL Brushless Motor
- It delivers 530 in/lbs. max torque
- Can be used in construction, power drilling, hammer drilling, faster application etc.
5. Milwaukee 2797-22 – M18 Hammer Drill and Hex Impact Driver
Last but not the least is this cordless hammer drill, Milwaukee M18 Fuel Lithium 2-Tool Combo Kit. As always this is cordless as well. This tool has the brushless motor of POWERSTATE™, REDLINK PLUS™ electronic intelligence and battery technology of REDLITHIUM™. This will obviously result in longer life, better run time and more power. It has been manufactured in China and has 18 Volt Lithium-Ion battery. It weighs higher than all 4 previous tools but powerful enough to compensate its weight. It weighs 16.5 lbs.
This hammer drill runs smoother than the others, because of its Fluid-drive hydraulic powertrain mechanism. The brushless motors of this product outperform any other leading product of the market. It doesn’t have the overheating or overloading problem and can run in a cooler weather than usual as well. It also has a 4-mode drive control, which helps you to get a proper control of that tool. The combo pack also includes two hammer drills, hex impact driver, a battery and charger. Here are some key features of this cordless hammer drill:
Main Features of Milwaukee 2797-22 Cordless Hammer Drill
- M18 Fuel hammer Dr W/impact
- Easy to use and handle and gives longer runtime
- Highly durable and powerful
- Runs more smoothly than any other drills
- It can maintain peak torque much longer than other standard impact drivers
- The fluid-drive hydraulic powertrain can deliver faster and standard speed.
There you go. All that you want to know about a cordless hammer drill is up there. The data I have given is well researched and well-observed data. Why well observed you say? Because these are the products I have been using for months and more than that I have chosen some top brands I have used through these days and found really efficient.
Related: Best Hammer Drill For Your Home
All these products are really remarkable. One is really fast and the other is really powerful. Each and every one of them is really great tools. If one lacks in a single point it compensates it with some remarkable qualities on the other sides. It’s just like a man is trying hard to maximize his other qualities just because he cannot hear well, not even deaf if I have to say something in his defense. You may say I am overrating these products. But believe me what I am saying is absolutely true and the sooner you use them the sooner you will also copy my words into your mouth. In the case of the cordless hammer drill, I haven’t found anything better. You might not like what my likings are but I can definitely say that u cannot undermine them as not one of the top 5 cordless hammer drill of 2017.
These are some quality products I have been using for quite some days and not like that I am making things up. If you feel like I am making things up just to make you buy these products then you do one thing. At first, buy these products. Almost all of them have a return offer within 30 days if anything goes wrong. Don’t believe me then try for yourself. These are undoubtedly the best 5 cordless hammer drill of 2017.