If you have a house, you definitely know how much it means to you. Even a tiny scratch on the wall surface means a deep scar in your heart. If you think of five precious things of your life, the house will definitely be in it. For some of you, it may go to the very top of the list. So much the worth of this thing and yet every now and then we need to put holes into it. And if we had any choices other than this we would have chosen that, but there is no other option. If we need to make a house our home for a living, we must have to put it through these rough days.
So if there is no other option then how about putting the holes with the minimum damage possible and make it look even more beautiful by clipping something on that hole. And to make this better you need to have a better drill so that your wall surface remains alright. So from here begins the search of finding a better drill for home appliances.
Drilling is never an easy task to do especially when it comes to your house you never take chances. So either hire a professional or buy the best drill for home users. If you hire a professional it will be too costly, so you may think that you can work it out on your own. That’s when my article comes for your help. Today I will tell you about top 3 DeWalt 18v hammer drill that will definitely help you out on your journey to make your house more beautiful.
The top 3 DeWalt 18v hammer drill I will be talking are:
1. DEWALT DC725KA – Dewalt 18v Hammer Drill Cordless
For home appliances, you don’t need the best of the world. You may feel that when it is about your house then you need the best, but this can also ruin your wall as well. So it is better to choose the best drill for the house not best drill of the world.
One of the best DeWALT 18v hammer drills is DEWALT DC725KA 18-Volt Cordless Compact Hammer Drill/Driver. This jam-packed tool is being manufactured in Mexico. This is a cordless battery powered DeWalt 18v hammer drill which may outperform any other conventional hammer drill. Whether it is wood or steel or masonry this beauty can work its charm on any substances. With its high-powered frameless motor, it can make drilling quick and can do work with ease.
The powerful motor can deliver the maximum of 410 unit watts power. So for household works it is pretty much like a shark. It comes with variable speed function from 0 to 500 and 0 to 1,700 RPM and from 0-8,500 / 0-29,000 BPM. So making holes become much easier and it also helps not to scratch the surface as well. There is an 18v compact cordless battery which helps to generate more power and last longer than usual. The grip of this DeWalt 18v hammer drill is easier to hold. So you can work long hours with it. There is also a 360-degree side handle which makes this even easier to handle. And the weight of it is lighter as well. It weighs only 4.9 pounds. There is a LED light function included in this hammer drill so that you can work under low light as well.
Key Features Of DEWALT DC725KA
Here are some basic features about this DeWalt 18v hammer drill:
- This item has 18-volt Cordless compact battery which gives more power and durability.
- You can use it for construction works as well as house works.
- Compact in size and lightweight. It weighs only 4.9 pounds. So it minimizes user fatigue.
- This compact size helps you to use it in tighter places.
- This awesome build drill is manufactured in Mexico.
- It has a 1/2 inch single sleeve ratcheting chuck that reduces bit slippage
- Various speed range of 0 to 500 / 0-1,700 RPM: or 0-8,500 / 0-29,000 BPM delivers maximum performance
- High-performance frameless motor gives ample power of 410 unit watts out
- LED work light for better vision in lower light
2. DEWALT DC212B – 18 Volt Bare-Tool Cordless SDS Hammer Drill
This 18 volt DeWalt hammer drill provides more portability and free movements, though not as speedy as the previous one definitely helps you out with your household works. It has the same 18-volt XRP battery pack and a DW9117 charger which can charge the battery within 15 minutes. But it is a bare tool, so you have to buy them on your own. This SDS hammer drill produces an impressive amount of impact energy (1.7-foot pounds). This can blast a hole of 7-8 inch diameter through any solid rock, concrete, and any other masonry materials. Its speed is almost as good as the previous one. With this high-performance commercial grade motor, it thrust the bit at 0-1,100 RPM and 0-4,100 beats per minute. Even if a bit jams in the hole this drill’s high-torque reactions get it through.
This L shape designed DeWalt 18v hammer drill is much more comfortable. The more comfort you get from your tool, the more creative and productive you will become. It weighs 5.25 pounds, so a bit higher than the previous one but its 360-degree side handle makes amend for that. You will also get maximum control of it because of its shape.
DEWALT DC212B Key features
Here are some key features of this DeWalt 18v hammer drill:
- This product is originated from the Czech Republic
- Shocks-active vibration control reduces vibration significantly and increases user comfort and productivity
- Compact L-shaped design allows it to access in tight spaces while also providing optimum balance.
- Seven ft-lbs impact energy delivers maximum power like a corded hammer drill.
- Different speed function and reversing switch provides versatility in every application
- High torque reactions help the bit to get through tight holes.
- 18v XPR battery pack gives long runtime and durability
- Has a 15-minute charger
- It weighs 5.25 pounds
3. DEWALT DC988KA – 18v DeWalt Cordless Hammer Drill
This has also made its position in the list of one of the top 3 DeWalt 18v hammer drill for home use. It has two 18 volt XRP batteries with extended battery life and runtime. This is so helpful, and you don’t have to think at all about the power out or the moving with the drill. This DeWalt 18v hammer drill is really an ideal one for drilling in a range of materials; from plaster and adobe to cement block and stucco. The motor of this product is very rich in quality.
With this DeWalt 18v hammer drill is really an ideal one for drilling in a range of materials; from plaster and adobe to cement block and stucco. The motor of this product is very rich in quality. With the robust motor and 3-speed transmission, it can produce 500 inches per pounds torque. The ratcheting chuck on the top is built with high-quality metal to reduce bit slipping. This helps the give more thrust and less scratch on the surface.
For masonry work, it can generate 34,000 BPM speed, which is really great for a masonry work. The set also comes with two 18 volt XRP batteries, 1-hour charger, 360-degree side handle, double ended screwdriver and a carrying case. The product is really comfortable to use as well. It has a better gripping position, and a 360-degree side handle. It’s a bit heavier than the others. It weighs 13.8 pounds.
Key features of DEWALT DC988KA
Here are some basic features about this DeWalt 18v hammer drill:
- This is an ideal DeWalt 18v hammer drill for masonry works. So this can be really useful for home use.
- Maximum speed 34,000 BPM
- Three-speed transmission and robust motor produce more energy, 500 inches-per-pound torque
- On top, there is a 100% metal bodied ratcheting chuck which helps to reduce bit slipping
- Two 18 volt XPR extended run-time batteries
- 1-hour charger
- Double-ended screwed bits
- 360-degree side handle
- It weighs 13.8 pounds
- More durable and more powerful
So, what do you think about these 3 DeWalt 18v hammer drills? Do they live up to your expectation? It certainly did mine. Believe it or not, I have been using this for more than a year now. I drilled the house I bought recently with these three DeWalt 18v hammer drills. They are just perfect.
You can read more: Best DeWalt Cordless Drills
To be frank, it is always up to you whether you hire a professional or not and whether you like one of these or all of these or none of this. The fact is that I have used them and found useful and I hope you will find it too. What’s better is that all these DeWalt 18v hammer drills have a warranty and some of them have the replacement or even money back warranty. So if you need one don’t falter to buy one, but be careful, if you don’t know how to drill, hire a professional or learn first.