It’s wise to have some essential tools in your house; they can save your time and money. We often have to fix things around the house and these tools can be very handy during those emergency situations. Hammer drill is a very functional power tool that you will find useful for many purposes. Whether you are doing a DIY home improvement project, doing simple work like making a hole in the wall to put up your favorite painting, or even just tightening or loosening screws, a hammer drill can be very useful. It is a common tool used by the professionals as well. We thoroughly research and present some of the best hammer drills under $100 here.
Many people have the misconception that hammer drills are expensive. But you will be surprised to know that you can find good quality hammer drill under 100. These are high-performance tools and will last for many years. Here we have picked up the best hammer drill under 100 you will find in the market. Among the various brands of hammer drills available, these hand-picked ones have excellent user ratings. Both corded and cordless hammer drills are available.
Table Of Contents
- 1 1. DeWalt DW511 – 1/2″ VSR Hammer Drill
- 2 2. SKIL 6445-04 – Powerful 7.0 Amp Hammer Drill
- 3 3. Hiltex 10513 – High-Performance Rotary Hammer Drill
- 4 4. PORTER-CABLE PC70THD – Amazing Speed Hammer Drill
- 5 5. Black & Decker DR670 – Powerful & Compact Hammer Drill
- 6 Final Verdict
Both have their pros and cons. You will have to choose one according to your needs. You will also need to take into account your reason for using the hammer drill. This will help you to search for the right drill. You should look at the features of these drills and pick the one that will give you best value for money. You must look for warranties as well. Read our review carefully to make a wise decision for purchasing a hammer drill.
We have gone through lots of hammer drills available in the market and have shortlisted the following hammer drills that you can get for less than $100.
|Rank||Image||Product Name||Weight||Power (Volts)||Price|
|#1||DeWalt DW511 1/2" (13mm) 7.8 Amp VSR Hammerdrill||5.3 Pounds||0v||$$|
|#2||SKIL 6445-04 7.0 Amp 1/2 In. Hammer Drill||5.5 Pounds||120v||$$|
|#3||Hiltex 10513 1-1/2 Inch SDS Rotary Hammer Drill||16.6 Pounds||110v||$$|
|#4||PORTER-CABLE PC70THD VSR 2-Speed Hammer Drill, 1/2-Inch||6.2 Pounds||120v||$$|
|#5||Black & Decker Power Tools DR670 6.5 Amp 1/2" Corded VSR Hammer Drill||4.2 Pounds||120v||$$|
1. DeWalt DW511 – 1/2″ VSR Hammer Drill
Usually, hammer drills are heavyweight, but this DeWalt hammer drill is very lightweight. Thus, it is very convenient to carry it. It has variable speed allowing you full control of the machine. It can be operated in two different modes. It can be used to drill steel, wood or masonry applications. It provides good grip with its 360-degree side handle. Its two-finger rubber trigger makes it easy to use. It comes with a depth rod, and chuck key along with holder.
Features of DeWalt DW511
- It has a 7.8 amp motor providing very high performance.
- It has variable speed, so you can work accurately.
- It has dual mode function and can work on various surfaces including steel, wood, concrete, or masonry.
- It weighs only 4.3 lbs and causes less user fatigue.
- The sidebar comes with a depth rod allowing more depth accuracy and better control of the machine.
- It’s no load speed is between 0 to 2,700 RPM.
- It has ½ inch capacity to drill steel, 1-1/4 inch capacity to drill wood and 5/32 to 3/8 inch capacity to drill concrete.
- You can three-year warranty for the product and one-year free service. You also get a 90-day money back guarantee if you don’t like the product.
Pros & Cons of DeWalt DW511
Why Should Use?
- The motor has overload protection, so you can work for hours without worrying about damaging the drill.
- The motor can deliver maximum 650 watts which are suitable for doing on surfaces like wood, steel, concrete or masonry. It has variable speed trigger for accurate hole placement.
- It has both hammer mode and drill mode. So, you can use the function appropriate for your task.
- You can control the speed of the tool easily using the two-finger rubber trigger.
- The depth rod that comes along the drill helps to provide great accuracy.
- The warranty package of this hammer drill is very special and you can be sure that the drill will last for a long time.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- This hammer drill is not suitable for heavy duty works as the power is not that high.
- Sometimes it makes lots of noise when drilling. This can be very distracting.
If you are looking for something lightweight and multi-functional then you should buy this model of DeWalt hammer drill. No other machine will give you such an extended warranty.
2. SKIL 6445-04 – Powerful 7.0 Amp Hammer Drill
This is a very powerful machine useful for both casual and heavy duty works. It has 7.0 amp motor to successfully complete your drilling work. It’s ½ in. keyed chuck makes it perfect for cutting and woodworking. You can easily change its speed according to your need. There is a lock-on option available to give you better control over speed. There is a handle on the side that will give you support while you operate it. It is a corded device making it perfect to do heavy works. The machine’s design is very innovative. It has a slim shape making it comfortable to use. The handle is curved, so you can get a good grip on it. You will be able to get various bit shank sizes because of the ½ in. keyed chuck.
Features of SKIL 6445-04
- It has 7.0 amp motor that is very powerful and will help you with intensive works.
- ½ in. keyed chuck is specially designed for cutting and woodworking and can accept bits of large diameter.
- You can drill accurately using the side-assist handle.
- There is an option to change speed, so you can work at your own pace.
- There is a lock-on feature available to give you more control.
- It weighs 5.75 making it comfortable to carry around.
- 6-ft cord available, so you can use it at a distance.
- It has the maximum operating speed of 300 RPM.
Pros & Cons of SKIL 6445-04
Why Should Use?
- This is an outstanding drill that you can get at less than $50.
- It is very powerful and very useful for woodworking, cutting and other heavy duty works.
- It has variable speed option so you can choose the speed to operate.
- Its curved handle gives you good control of the machine so that you can do your work accurately.
- You will get a 1-year warranty on this product.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- The chuck sometimes gets loose. It may take some time to tighten it. It is a corded machine, so without power supply, you won’t be able to operate it.
Overall, it has lots of important features that will help you to complete your drilling tasks accurately and quickly at a very reasonable price.
3. Hiltex 10513 – High-Performance Rotary Hammer Drill
This is a very powerful hammer drill you will get for just under $100. It is ideal for heavy duty works like drilling on brick, concrete or even solid steel. It has 1,000 watts motor that provides impact energy to do such heavy tasks. This machine has three modes of operation: hammer only, hammer drill and drill the only option. The hammer only option is for chiseling only. The hammer drill option is appropriate for both hammering and rotation. For rotation only, you can use the drill option. You can vary the rotation speed from 0 to 800 RPM. You can control the speed at six levels. There is a side handle that provides good control over the machine. You get some accessories like oil, gauge, etc. for free along with this hammer drill.
Features of Hiltex 10513
- It has 1,000 Watt rotary drill motor which can be used for tough jobs.
- Provides 5 ft-lb impact
- It has no load rotational speed of 0 RPM to 100 RPM and frequency of 0 BPM to 3500 BPM
- It has three drilling options to choose from.
- It has the capacity to drill 1’’ of steel and 1-1/2” for concrete.
- It has a 360-degree swivel that gives the user better control.
Pros & Cons of Hiltex 10513
Why Should Use?
- This tool is appropriate for any type of hard job. You can even drill into solid steel using this drill.
- The drill motor is very powerful and can conveniently to any tough job. It has three functions. So, you can choose the option that is suitable for you.
- You can control the speed of the drill by just pressing a button. The trigger is designed in such a way that you can use it for a long time without feeling tired.
- There is a speed dial option that lets you vary the power of the drill. Its 360-degree swivel handle allows better grip.
- You can use a lot of accessories with this hammer drill which includes a safety case, universal chuck, depth gauge, oil bottle, SDS drills, and chisels, etc.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- The auxiliary chuck of this drill is loose making it inconvenient for the user. It is inappropriate for small drill bits as it is too powerful. So, you cannot use it for usual home jobs.
In terms of power and efficiency, this model of Hiltex hammer drill is a very good choice. It can drill through hard walls very fast without any hassle. You get lots of interesting features and free accessories at a very low price.
4. PORTER-CABLE PC70THD – Amazing Speed Hammer Drill
If you are looking for a hammer drill that is durable and fit for heavy duty works then you should by this one. It’s 7.0 amp motor is capable of providing the power to do tough drilling jobs. The tool is perfect for drilling into wood, metal, concrete, block, brick, etc. Its unique feature is that it has dual speed transmission, one is 0-1100 and another is 0-3100. This tool is very versatile and you can easily switch between the hammer drill and drill modes. It’s well designed to do heavy works for long hours without any fatigue.
Features of Porter-Cable PC70THD
- It has 7 amp motor for providing the power required for tough jobs.
- There is cast metal gear housing that doesn’t damage the internal components and makes the drill durable.
- Dual mode operation available, making the machine more versatile.
- It can be used to drill into a wide range of materials including brick, wood, block, tile, etc.
- It has dual speed transmission (0-1100 and 0-3100). You can maximum torque in the first setting and maximum speed in the second one.
- Its ergonomic design gives comfort and reduces fatigue.
- Two-finger locking trigger available that makes it comfortable to use for a long time.
- There is a side handle for providing support during heavy duty works.
- ½ in. metal chuck and key give more bit retention capability.
- You can use a lot of accessories including a side handle, depth rod and chuck key and holder.
Pros & Cons of Porter-Cable PC70THD
Why Should Use?
- This is a great drill which you can use to work on a wide range of materials without any hassle. There are lots of options available which gives you flexibility during work. You can work in different modes and change the speed.
- The side handles and two-finger trigger makes it very comfortable to use for a long time. With this tool, you can do tough jobs within a very short time.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- This hammer drill tends to get hot quickly. So, you might feel uncomfortable to use it if you have to work continuously for a long time.
If you have to work with varieties of materials then you should buy this hammer drill. It is one of the best tools available in the market in terms of ergonomic design. It will give you maximum comfort during use.
5. Black & Decker DR670 – Powerful & Compact Hammer Drill
It is a great option if you are looking for something good at the low price. It is powerful enough to drill into brick and concrete comfortably. The machine is compact making it easy to use. It has key-less chuck providing easy bit changes. Its design gives good control over the tool while working. There is a variable speed option that gives better control of the drilling process.
Features of Black & Decker DR670s
- Best for drilling brick and concrete.
- It has a compact design making it suitable to work in tight spaces.
- Its design provides good control and balance.
- The side handle is provided for comfortable use.
- Depth rod available for accurate works.
- Has a metal key-less chuck.
Pros & Cons Black & Decker DR670
Why Should Use?
- You can work in tight spaces with this drill easily because of its compact design. You can work comfortably and fast on brick and concrete.
- The pistol grip design lets you work with ease without slipping your hand. It gives you perfect balance. There is side handle that is very handy. It makes the drill lightweight and so you can lift it easily.
- You will get a two-year warranty with this product which is longer than many similar products. It gives very good value for money.
- It’s a very powerful tool and makes your drilling works faster. As it’s compact, you can store it anywhere in your garage.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- The chuck doesn’t stay tight creating problem during drilling. Once you unscrew the chuck it is difficult to reinstall it. The depth stop locking mechanism doesn’t work easily. It takes a lot of hassle to adjust it, so makes your work slower.
This product is best for doing small jobs around the house. As it’s compact, it can be used by women as well for doing home improvement works. The machine is very cheap, but it can easily compete with expensive machines in terms of performance. If you are looking for something not too bulky and heavy you should buy this hammer drill.
Whether you want a hammer drill to keep at home for your DIY projects or for your workshop doing professional works, these hammer drills are best you can get under $100. Though they are cheap, they are very high performers. You can work on various materials with it without any discomfort. Hammer drill is something you should have in your toolbox. It not only helps in professional works but also helps to fix small things in your house. Hammer drill is a great replacement for the manual hammer as the work can be done very quickly with hammer drills.
As the hammer drills are powerful, you won’t have to exert too much pressure like a manual hammer to do the job. You can select one of these hammer drills for your toolbox depending on the type of work you intend to do. The decision must also be based on how experienced you are in handling hammer drills. So, read the reviews carefully to look at the features, pros, and cons so that you can decide what is best for you.