My husband and I like to own tools in the home that we can readily use to fix or built something. We have hammers, saw, razors, grinders, and drills. One time, we decided to install a DIY cabinet for stuff in the garage. There are lot lots of stuff there that make the garage looks messy, and we decided to organize things up. Oh, I forgot, we both quite were born as OCs! And we like to fix things that seem to get our eyes sore: removing this, installing that, fixing this and that, all to please ourselves trying to look everything as organized as possible.
And this is how we get to know Bosch 11255vsr Bulldog Xtreme Rotary Hammer. And you know what? This amazing rotary hammer makes my husband and I love to do things up around the house during weekends. Well, it was not easy for us to choose tools. We research a lot so we could purchase the right ones. We know there are lots of couples out there who have the same passion like us: beautifying the home! and so we’d like to help you choose your tools! I hope this Bosch 11255vsr Bulldog Xtreme Rotary Hammer Review would be of great help!
Table Of Contents
Features of Bosch 11255vsr Bulldog Xtreme
The Bosch 11255vsr is a full pack hammer drill that digs up like boxers punching on blocks! At first glance, you can say that the tool is created out of sturdy, durable, and high-quality materials. It lets you drill something in an easy and convenient way. Of course, it differs much with the ordinary drill, although some may appear almost to have the same built. These hammer drills are much powerful. Imagine that you are drilling using an impact drill, and something is punching your ordinary drill to make it drive much further. This is how hammer drills work!
And because we want this review to be detailed as possible, we’d like to share with you the good things that make us fall in love with this power tool:
Power and Design. Well, it doesn’t look different from other hammer drills manufactured by other company. Power tools have the same appearance, and almost appears to look like regular drills. Specifically, this model comes in a D-handle design that is ideal for overhead and downward drilling applications. What’s more satisfying about this product is its capability of delivering 2.0 ft./lbs of impact energy.
Different Modes to Choose From
Get your stuff done by setting your Bosch 11255vsr to different operation modes:
Rotary Hammer Mode: Larger and provides a bigger impact force by utilizing a technology called the “electro-pneumatic” hammering. This is usually powered by an electricity instead of an air compressor. It is the most powerful and could work with construction production drill.
Rotation only Mode: If you just need to drill without a hammer action, then you can use this mode of Bosch 11255vsr. This mode is typically not used for construction drilling, but only for occasional and simple concrete drilling or masonry.
Hammer Only: Gives you a stronger drilling, further than the ordinary one. It is helpful if you are powdering/removing up concrete built stuff. In this mode, the unit uses two sets of toothed gears mechanically interact with each other to hammer while rotating the drill.
This Bosch 11255vsr fits with its model name “bulldog” that represents toughness! This unit is definitely built in sturdy, durable, and long-lasting material that absolutely can be used in heavy, and not just for home use. Its variable-speed trigger offers accurate bit starting as well as removing fasteners or bound bits. Its exclusive-rotating brush plate provides equal power to help you get flexible with your task. 11255vsr too comes with accessories to give you the satisfying power you want:
- Bosch’s Hammer Hook: This makes a cool and quick tool storage while using the unit.
- Bosch exclusive cord turret: This adds flexibility and longer cord life.
- SDS-plus bit system: This provides you with tool-free bit changes with automatic bit locking. Additionally, it provides dust protection and impacts energy transfer.
Pros & Cons of Bosch 11255vsr
Why Should Use?
- It only weighs 6 pounds and much lighter than other models.
- It comes with a Hammer Hook for easy storage while using it.
- Can be set/changed into three different modes depending on your need.
- D-handle design provides easy and convenient control.
- Comes with accessories such as SDS-plus bit system, cord turret, and hammer hook
- Designed with Vario-lock
- Powerful and ideal for both heavy construction and home use.
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- Bosch 11255vsr is not the typical fast working hammer/rotary tool although its drilling speed is acceptable.
- It only works exclusively with SDS bits, however, you can use other bits using an adapter.
Why should you buy this product?
Considering all the mentioned articles, are you comfortable to own this product? Well, in this review, we’d like to give you a summary on why you should consider Bosch 11255vsr on your list:
- The D-design makes your device easy to be used for both overhead and downward drilling.
- It could be considered as lightweight, with only 6 pounds of weight. Such weight is ideal for drilling holes in vertical surfaces without causing you a lot of strain on the arms.
- It provides you with three different modes, allowing you to change/set your device according to your need.
- It is sturdy and durable. Definitely could be used not just in the home but of course for heavy construction too.
So, we’ve come to the end of our Bosch 11255vsr review. How was it? Are you satisfied? Well, truly I can say that this item is helpful for both heavy and light use. Purchasing such would be worthy especially that you can use the item in three different modes. The features are attractive although there are some weak points in which can be easily managed.
Overall, the Bosch 11255vsr can be rated with 5 thumbs up out of 5!