I and my team are into construction services for quite a long time. We have tried a lot of drilling tools from different manufacturers. One of the sets of drilling tools that I and my team possess is the Dewalt. We have heard so much about the Dc970k-2 model so we become excited upon planning of purchasing it. Using it for months with some sort of researches made me realized that Dewalt has the best reputation among professional builders. Well, not just to pro but also to ordinary home users who love to make DIY tasks at home.
Get this! I’m gonna share my experiences with Dewalt Dc970k-2 18V Compact Drill in my work and at home as well. By the way, because I am satisfied with its performance, I bought another set for home use too and guess what? My brother enjoyed using it too. As you all know, we are both DIY hobbyist and we like to fix things up according to our taste and style. So, are you ready to be with me in this Dewalt Dc970k-2 18V Compact Drill Review? Come one! Let me show you how I fell in love with this kit.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Features of Dewalt Dc970k-2 Drill
- 2 Why should you buy this product?
- 3 Conclusion
Features of Dewalt Dc970k-2 Drill
A lot of people were asking if the Dewalt Dc970k-2 worthy to purchase. In this review, we’re gonna explore the features of this device. Let us see what’s in store for us with this Dewalt Dc970k-2 18V Compact Drill.
Powerful Set in a Small Package
Surely, you’re going to have a plenty of power to drill and drive with its dual-speed capability that ranges from 0-450 and 0-1500 RPMs. However, this drill is not designed for drilling concrete and other hardened materials, but its performance in working with wood, metal, plastic or drywall is excellent.
I think this device is carefully designed so it won’t give much fatigue to your hand. It’s not heavy at all and it only weighs 5.2 pounds. It’s great to use in areas overhead because of its weight. Unlike conventional chucks made of metal, this Dewalt Dc970k has a durable plastic housing. No wonder, it has a lighter weight than other models. Well, if you would ask me how durable the plastic housing is, I would say that it’s very much durable and long lasting. I’ve been using my device for more than a year now and I haven’t experienced any broken parts of the housing. Moreover, it measures 9 inches long which is manageable and easy to control.
Dual 18-v battery packs
What is really frustrating when using cordless drills is when you ran out of battery. But with this kit? It comes with a spare so you can continue working with your task. While using the spare, you can charge the latter so you’ll get on your task without much delay. Usually, other models do not include spare batteries when selling drill kit, hence requiring you to buy spares separately.
Keyless Ratcheting Chuck Design
It’s really easy to change from drill bit to fastening tip through its sturdy and lightweight plastic material ratcheting chuck. The ratcheting chuck only measures a ½ inch and keyless. It’s guaranteed to hold on tight to any bit or fastener.
Quick Charging Time
The DeWalt DC970K-2 comes with two powerful 18-volt NiCad battery packs. No doubt, you’ll continuously finish your task. What is better is that the batteries have a quick charger and estimated at a time of charging are one hour. Whoah! While using the other battery, one spare is ready to be used.
Pros & Cons of Dewalt Dc970k-2
Why Should Use?
- Ergonomic design
- Comes in dual 18-v battery packs
- Quick charging time
- Lightweight and minimizes fatigue
- Housing is made of durable, high-quality plastic
- 1/2 -inch single sleeve keyless ratcheting chuck for tighter bit grip
- Dual speed range is 0-450 / 0-1500 RPMs
Why Shouldn’t Use?
- The kit is not suitable for heavy load use.
- Heavy batteries.
- The small battery has a slow charge time and often provide low battery life.
Why should you buy this product?
Here are some points for you to consider buying Dewalt Dc970k:
- If you’re drilling into wood or metal, this device gives you a powerful drilling performance. It is quick and allows you to drill more.
- The housing is durable considering that it is made of plastic. The high-quality plastic material made the whole unit lighter than other models.
- It comes with a spare battery. Though reviews say that the spare small battery has low lasting battery life, it can still save you when you need to continue performance.
- The kit is very much affordable. It is sold on amazon for only $89 with free shipping service.
- The unit is ideal for home use but not for commercial ones. This is one of the great ideas for creative people who are fond of doing stuff all by themselves.
To sum up this Dewalt Dc970k-2 18V Compact Drill Review, it could be said that such device is best recommended to drilling with non-concrete materials such as wood or metal. Its features are not suitable for heavy drilling, yet it exhibits a great performance to stuff it is intended for. If you’re into DIY hobbyist just like me, then this item should always be present in your house. Because this is ideal for home use, it’s a good gift idea for your husband, grandfather, friend, or uncles.
The Dewalt Dc970k-2 is a powerful device, but still low compared to those who are designed with cords and powered by electricity. Maybe because cordless are not used directly with electricity but is designed to be powered by batteries.
Would you like to try drilling with Dc970-k 2? Then place an order now!